Saturday, January 9, 2016

Personal Introduction

1. My interest in aviation started as a little kid when my mom would always take us on vacations due to her employment at Northwest Airlines. There's actually one memory from my childhood that I recall which sparked my interest in aviation and that was when my brother and I were allowed to go into the cockpit of an airplane (pre 9/11) and talk to the pilot's and wear their hat and sit in their seat. We were both super excited at the opportunity and my mom has a picture of us in her scrapbook. Junior year of high school was when I made the decision that I wanted to pursue aviation as a profession and began looking at colleges that offered flying. This lead me to Western Michigan University where I flew the Cirrus SR20 and logged 20+ hours of flight time. Upon transferring to Eastern I wanted to continue flying, but some complications arose with my medical and I didn't have the money or the time to wait out my medical so I switched my major to Aviation Management and began my current route pursuing an Aircraft Dispatcher certificate.

2. As mentioned, my major is Aviation Management Technology with a specialty in Aircraft Dispatch and a minor in General Business. My planned graduation is Fall 2016 so I'm right around the corner.

3. My future plans are to first pass my practical exam for aircraft dispatch then find a flight follower job or internship somwhere to practice aircraft dispatch. I've considered Kalitta Air or IFL Group since they are nearby but I am willing to go where I'm needed. The end game would be to work as a flight supervisor for Delta Air Lines and retire with them. Through adulthood and when my student loan debt isn't consuming my life, I would like to come back to flying and hopefully pursue my Private Pilot's certificate; so if any of my fellow pilots in this class end up becoming flight instructors let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment